Wednesday, May 14, 2014

DVF: Journey of a Dress

Incase you missed Diane Von Furstenberg's "Journey of a Dress" last month, here are some highlights. The exhibition was small and intimate, but with a grand entrance. I loved the pink walls, which were covered with 40 years of design history in the form of editorials, magazine covers and runway images. It was a perfect exhibition for Los Angeles, we need more fashion in this city. I can't recall the last time we had a an exciting fashion exhibition like this one.
As I walked in to the main room, I was greeted with a sea of white maniquins who were wearing her famous jersey wrap dress in every bright printed pattern you could possibly imagine. 
Here are some of my favorite prints. The Andy Warhol flower print definitely takes the cake. 
Along with the tribute to her famous wrap dress the exhibition also dedicated a room with iconic photographs and paintings of her. Including those famous Andy Warhol paintings, of course. 
I'm so glad I was able to make it to the exhibition. I almost missed by going on the last day. It was very inspiring to see how Diane Von Furstenberg created an empire with one simple, but classic dress that will live on in fashion history. Check out some amazing behind the scenes moments here.


Photos: Reels and Bobbins

No comments:

Post a Comment