Saturday, April 14, 2012

Color Theory: Mary Blair and Fashion

Mary Blair is one of my favorite artists. If you are a Disney fanatic like I am, then you know where I am coming from. She worked with Walt Disney for over three decades. You might have seen her concept art for films such as Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, and Cinderella.
Alice in Wonderland. So dark but whimsical. The perfect balance.
She was absolutely one of the best colorist. I love how she mixed jewel tone colors with pastels. Her work is so elegant and feminine.
The shadows and dim light in this photograph reminded me of Mary Blair's work.
Very Sleeping Beauty meets Shakespeare don't you think? "If only tonight we could sleep
 in a bed made of flowers" (lyrics by The Cure)
I wonder if this photographer was inspired by Alice in Wonderland at all?



Mary Blair's website.
Fashion photographs can be found on this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment