Sunday, August 5, 2012

Renegade Craft Fair

The 4th Annual Renegade Craft Fair Los Angeles was held this past weekend at the Los Angeles State Historic Park. Artists, crafters, gourmet food trucks, and music brought local Angelinos together for this two day event. I was so excited to photograph the work of so many talented artists. Natalia Camarena was one of my favorite jewelry designers at the fair. She had a beautiful display that highlighted her one of a kind jewelry.
Originally from Mexico, Natalia Camarena incorporates a mixture of metal and picturesque natural stones into her line. She draws inspiration from her native country by combining light and bold colors together. 
Shelter also had an amazing display. I love each and every single one of these bags. The shapes and the fabrics gave this line a very raw and feminine quality. Check out their selection of hand crafted purses, clutches, backpacks, bags and belts here.
Another one of my favorite booths was Yes and Yes designs. Their work was so original, I had never seen anything like this before. Their designs are carefully structured and sculpted with recycled books. These fashion figure pins, earrings and necklaces are all laser cut and etched by the designer. 
I also love the work of Paz Sintes. Her textile jewelry has such a whimsical and delicate quality. These pieces are the perfect summer accessories, I especially loved the colorful flower necklace. All of her designs are carefully hand crafted and dyed. Her work can be found at fashion boutiques and most museum stores across the state, including the Whitney Museum in New York City and the J. Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles. To read more about this designer click here.
One of my biggest weaknesses is nice packaging, I am such a sucker for beautiful gift bags, ribbons and tags. You can find all of these things and more at We Love Citrus. They have a great selection of fabric ribbon and glitter twine, yes glitter twine. 
One of my last stops at the fair was at the Topiary booth. Another great accessory line. Their motto is  "Delicate, Simple and Exquisite." Their designs use a combination of brass and lace. These accessories are a great way to dress up a simple top.
I think I covered most of my favorite artists and designers. Now lets talk popsicles. My day could not be complete without these gourmet pops from Front Porch Pops. The mango chili and coconut were best! 

To get more information on the Renegade Craft Fair and all of their locations visit their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment