Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Fashion Superstars


So in love with these whimsy illustrations by New York cartoonist Joana Avillez. She really captured the  true essence of today's most influential fashion personalities. Her illustrations and side notes are so charming. I especially love Tavi's quote, "I'd rather dress like a book character." If you haven't done so already, check out her blog The Style Rookie.


Another one of my favorite fashion icons has to be Iris Apfel, she is by far the most stylish ninety year old. I'll take fashion advice from her any day.


And then there is Marc Jacobs, I love that she illustrated him in that famous pink dress and pilgrim shoes he wore to his opening of "Louis Vuitton - Marc Jacobs: The Exhibit". Classic.



Joana Avillez's collection of taste makers would not be complete without Bill Cunningham and his famous blue jacket. Where would New York trendsetters and fashion enthusiasts be with out his famous street photographs? A couple of months ago I watched the documentary Bill Cunningham New York. It was such a great glimpse into his fascinating career!

No comments:

Post a Comment