Friday, March 23, 2012

FIDM Debut 2012

Last week I attended the FIDM Debut 2012 Runway Show at the Barker Hanger in Santa Monica. As a tradition all Debut shows open up with costumes designed by Theater Costume Design students. The theme this year was musical The Phantom Of the Opera.
So many amazing fashion designers, but Alejandro Ortega was one of my favorite designers. His collection reminded me of the Rudi Gernreich sixties look with a Andy Warhol twist. I loved his use of bright colors, patterns, shapes and textures. I have a feeling that we are going to see a lot of him in the near future. Speaking of amazing designs, MOCA (The Museum Of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles ) is currently exhibiting some of Rudi Gernreich's work in collaboration with model Peggy Moffitt and photographer William Claxton. The exhibition will run until May 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment